Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Could you correct the English title?

As a title of a study paper, is this correct or natural? I am not a native speaker of English, so could you kindly check and correct it?

"The effect of the variations of Englishes on high school students: Comparison of American and British English"

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

First, I think you buried the lede. I would start with "Comparison of British and American English and the effect of variations on high school students". While that may more clearly define the contents of the paper, I am curious as to what source would compare language variations across the whole of students in two countries.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Englishes" is not a word. You can say "dialects of English".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The differences of British English and American English on high school students.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"The effects of the variations of the English language on high school students: a comparison of American and British English."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There's no such word as "Englishes."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Englishes  is not right. The topic sounds far too general, but anyhoo:

Comparison of American and British English with reference to the effect of variations between the two on high school students.

• 1 month ago

Whatever title you choose should not include “Englishes.”  You can say instead, “varieties of English.”

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.