Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Just had a baby 4 months ago .....?

My period started coming again after 40 days of giving birth it’s normal lasts 5-6 days every 28 days I was wondering am I fertile after 4 months of giving birth can I get pregnant again ? 

Your chances of pregnancy are now fairly high. Your body has recovered to the point where pregnancy is once again quite possible. Many parents have had children that were only 11 months apart. 

• Rita

When my daughter was three months old, I unexpectedly got ... Moss received immediate prenatal care for her second child, but since the signs ...

Most likely.  A regular period generally points to fertility, although there are obvious exceptions.  If you're formula feeding, you're well within the normal return to fertility.   However, we can't tell you if you are fertile.  But it's most likely NOT recommended for you to get pregnant again so soon.

For the record, very few women return to fertility within a month of giving birth, particularly if they're breastfeeding.  Even if formula feeding, the average return to fertility begins at about 2 1/2 months, not within a month or two.  Obviously there are exceptions to this as well, resulting in two babies with a year or so, but that's not the statistical norm by far.

Yes, absolutely.  Most women are fertile -- ovulating -- within a month or two of giving brith.  How do you think people have kids 11-13 months apart in age? 

You can get pregnant again. If you want to prevent it, than take birth control.

Yes - you can.  

My husband is only ten months older than his younger siblings.  (a set of twins)

My sister has two children that were born in the same month, one year apart.  

• Jill

Yes you can get pregnant again 4 months after giving birth. It's not recommended though because your body hasn't fully recovered from the birth.