?

Is it easier to hate or to love?

Favorite Answer

Probably hate. To love someone is to open yourself up to them and it's a vulnerable position to be in. You open yourself up to being hurt; Intentionally or otherwise. It requires a lot of trust. 

• Kay

Some people are easy to hate, some are easy to love. Depends on the person or the thing.

It's easier to love and I know you already chose a best answer but I think the answer you chose was wrong! It's easier to love because if you have negative feelings in your body such as hate, it will eat you up inside. They didn't say the metaphor: "Hating someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other to die" for nothing! When you HATE someone, you want them to feel hurt, to GET hurt or injured! To get SICK and all those awful things you want them to experience! You want to KILL them!! You want to hurt the one that caused you much suffering!! 

In the other coin, to love is to forgive them. To wish them well. And often times it brings a feeling of RELIEF from the burden of HATE that you have for said person, thing, etc! It means that you have matured to the point that you no longer want REVENGE! You no longer want to CONTROL the outcome of said pain and sorrow/suffering that you are in! ...But yet a lot of people are very immature and they cannot have those kinds of feelings for someone who has hurt them! They want tit for tat! They want  fairness and I too want that! I would LOVE for things to be fair but what can I do??! What can YOU do as a single person??! The world is too big of a job to try but it's better than giving up, throwing your hands up in my opinion because I think honestly, you may not change the world or make it better (in a huge way) but at least maybe in a big way!  Plus, you can go to jail or get arrested for certain illegal acts if you're not careful!  

Source(s): almost 37 years life exp

It's easier to love because hate takes a lot of energy.

It is easier to love. .  love for me comes natural.  Hate really takes a lot out of me.  I try to reason, or make sense of what that person did to me that I disliked. When that person pops back into my life, I have to relive all that over again. For me to hate someone is draining and time consuming.   Those moments that you wasted on that feeling, you cannot get back.  The moment has spent.  

Hate is easier, short term.  But like many things, the easier path isn't the best one, long term.  It might be easier for me to put things on my credit card now, rather than wait until I can afford them.  It might be easier to drink rather than face my problems.  You get the idea.

Holding a grudge is a kind of hate.  I've come to the conclusion that it's less trouble to forgive than to maintain a grudge.  In that sense, love is ultimately easier.

Hate since much of this world seems to focus its attention on it. Just look at the news and you will see a serial killers, suicide bombers, terrorists get more news attention than a marriage.

easier to hate, for me 

To love the truth and to hate lies and evils acts.

• donnie

I don't know I think it depends on the person