What firmness of mattress is used in good hotels like Crowne Plaza?

I've had a stiff and sometimes sore back waking up when using my firm mattress, so I've recently replaced it with medium firm.  The situation has improved, especially after I put a soft layer of foam beneath the sheet.  However, I seem still to have a slightly stiff back (not sore) in the morning, but am not sure if it's caused by something else, or the recovery process, or just that I need time to get used to this new mattress.

I've never had a problem sleeping at hotels like Crowne Plaza, so any advice on what mattress firmness they use or the above?  Thanks in advance:-)

Favorite Answer

They are Hypnos contract beds supplied to various hotel chains, including Crowne Plaza.  I guess you could contact the manufacturer and see what firmness they usually provide (although I expect it would probably be medium to cater for all tastes). You could add a thicker topper (Hypnos do one) but in time mattresses tend to 'break-in' so you may want to go back to the one you have now.