Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What firmness of mattress is used in good hotels like Crowne Plaza?

I've had a stiff and sometimes sore back waking up when using my firm mattress, so I've recently replaced it with medium firm.  The situation has improved, especially after I put a soft layer of foam beneath the sheet.  However, I seem still to have a slightly stiff back (not sore) in the morning, but am not sure if it's caused by something else, or the recovery process, or just that I need time to get used to this new mattress.

I've never had a problem sleeping at hotels like Crowne Plaza, so any advice on what mattress firmness they use or the above?  Thanks in advance:-)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They are Hypnos contract beds supplied to various hotel chains, including Crowne Plaza.  I guess you could contact the manufacturer and see what firmness they usually provide (although I expect it would probably be medium to cater for all tastes). You could add a thicker topper (Hypnos do one) but in time mattresses tend to 'break-in' so you may want to go back to the one you have now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.