I have a question about Internet?

As I was dialing in to AOL and opening Netscape Navigator, I couldn’t hear the “you’ve got mail” greeting. But I checked, and there was mail in my inbox. Then someone sent me an IM and it didn’t make the bling noise. What’s going on? Is it because someone picked up the phone and kicked me off? 

And yes, my computer speakers are plugged in and turned on. Should I just put the CD in and re-install it?

• !

The problem appears to be that you're trying  to troll witb bad 90s internet references. If you stop doing that, the problem should resolve itself