Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What does "mulligan" mean in this context?

I don’t like wishful thinking and also refuse to dwell on the past. Can’t call any mulligans on life.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think it means no friends named mulligan to call

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

mul·li·gan. (mŭl′ĭ-gən) A golf shot not counted as part of the score, granted sometimes in informal play after a poor shot is made, especially from the tee. [Probably from the name Mulligan.]

• 2 months ago

In this case, 'mulligan' means a do-over.

• 2 months ago

I call Mulligan! (a do-over).  Life does not allow do-overs when you screw up, is the idea.  Mulligan is a term from golf, and it isn't really allowed but amateurs such as myself will use it once in a while anyway.  Rehit the ball if you screw up the first time.  Strictly speaking, it is cheating.  No Mulligans if you are playing for money or prizes.  Only if you are just out with some friends and a few beers, and score doesn't matter, would it be allowed.  And even then, some would be annoyed if you took a Mulligan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's a golfing term,   basically meaning a free do over....due  to some unexpected error or bad luck. ....like your club suddenly breaking, or your ball just happening to hit some bird in mid-flight- 

So you are generally not penalized for such freak things, and you take a "Mulligan".....a free do over, with no stroke penalty . 

• 2 months ago

"mulligan"  in golf, it means to take a shot over because you didn't like the outcome, or to [against the rules] improve your lay without counting that as the required two strokes penalty.

• !
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A mulligan is a golfing term for a do over that isnt coumted towards your score, usually if you make an uncharacteristically bad shot or error. So the sentence means you cant ask for a do over in lifem 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Like second chance. You don't get a second chance to live your life again.

• 2 months ago

Mulligan = Do-over 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.