Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

How to get rid of a stuffy nose?

In 2012 I began having a serious debilitating cough, in 2016 they finally realized it was asthma. Last year, I developed something new, but only for a week, a stuffy nose that made me gasp for air while sitting. This is continuing into this year. I use nasal spray and it clears my sinuses, reduces swelling, and allows me to breathe, but only for a few hours. When I go to bed, I take a dose of nyquil and my zyrtec for my allergies, but I've been waking up gasping for air through the night cause I get so stuffy, it's almost like I stop breathing, kinda like sleep apnea, but only on nights I can't breathe through my nose. I can't get to a doctor because their hours are the same as my work, and I can't afford to take off. If anyone has tips, I'd be extremely grateful.

Find out what your allergic to and get rid of it as fast as possible. Asthma is not a joke and permanently damages the lungs over time. I was on the same boat as you and although i feel much better know that i keep away from allergens my lungs aren't as good as they once were. I seem very susceptible to bronchitis and colds know im guessing it's because of the damage the asthma has done over the years.

Sure. The tip is - go to your doctor, and get actual medical guidance.