Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

How to get rid of a stuffy nose?

In 2012 I began having a serious debilitating cough, in 2016 they finally realized it was asthma. Last year, I developed something new, but only for a week, a stuffy nose that made me gasp for air while sitting. This is continuing into this year. I use nasal spray and it clears my sinuses, reduces swelling, and allows me to breathe, but only for a few hours. When I go to bed, I take a dose of nyquil and my zyrtec for my allergies, but I've been waking up gasping for air through the night cause I get so stuffy, it's almost like I stop breathing, kinda like sleep apnea, but only on nights I can't breathe through my nose. I can't get to a doctor because their hours are the same as my work, and I can't afford to take off. If anyone has tips, I'd be extremely grateful.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Find out what your allergic to and get rid of it as fast as possible. Asthma is not a joke and permanently damages the lungs over time. I was on the same boat as you and although i feel much better know that i keep away from allergens my lungs aren't as good as they once were. I seem very susceptible to bronchitis and colds know im guessing it's because of the damage the asthma has done over the years.

• 2 months ago

Sure. The tip is - go to your doctor, and get actual medical guidance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.