Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Does 20 percent alcohol get you drunk?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

20% alcohol is like fortified wine which is what street bums drink so they can get drunk fast and cheap.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends on how much you drink. I get drunk pretty easily off of three glasses or a little more of wine. 

• blank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is a possibility. It depends on the person.But on average yes it can.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You don't understand math or percentages do you?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on how much you drink but .. Yes !

Beer is normally around 5% .. and you can get drunk on that.

Wine can be 11 to 15% .. above 15% and it's a ''fortified wine'' like Sherry or Port.

Spirits are usually 40%

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are confused. If something was labelled “20% abv” (or something similar) then it means that 20% of the liquid is alcohol. Beer might be around 5% abv, wine around 15% abv and most spirits 40% abv. In all these things the actual alcohol is the same, there's just different amounts of it in each liquid.

• 2 months ago

You can get drunk on any percentage of alcohol, it's all about how much of it you drink.

• 2 months ago

It would me, considering that I don't drink. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only if you drink enough of it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most beer falls between 3.2 and 7% alcohol.

20% alcohol is 40 proof...you bet it can get you drunk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.