Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

What should I do?

I’m 14 and I ride horses and go to the barn and help out there and I also do dance and go workout but so I’m pretty busy but my life still is missing something, what should I do ? I feel like my life needs to be spiced up a bit ( if that makes any sense lol) but please help . Would changing my style of clothes help? 

Favorite Answer

You are only 14 and I can sense you're bored of what it is you're doing and the thing to change is your heart. Keep your heart filled with love and forgiveness. Clothes do not make a person happy. It's the heart that makes you happy. You workout, ride horses and dance so I am going to assume you may have some hidden phobias like what does one think of me or I have to be skinny so I can ride my horse and be able to dance. Most teens are obese and doing what you do is what they need instead of playing video games or indoor activities like watching too much TV/cable. I feel you are stressing yourself out. You need to relax. Do not over do it. These are just my thoughts. Do not be in a hurry to do what others may be doing. Enjoy the small things in life. You have lots of years ahead of yourself. You may be getting burnt on your busy schedule which can lead to stress and more health issues like anxiety. How about doing some volunteer work at the library, food bank or any other organizations that need teens to be mentors. Since you like to dance you can start a dance club or maybe start a club for Horse riders. Stay active but do not get burnt out.

You may feel like it now but you still have so much more to experience in the next four years without realising it let alone the rest of you entire life. It's hard for me because I am 22 and there are somethings that I am finding difficult to obtain. I would rather have your difficulty! It's normal to feel the way you are. Growth comes with eventual change.

Not sure... what would you wanna do?

• Alan H

Now is not always.

Be content with who you are, concentrate on your studies in preparation for your future 

No just be yourself and friendly to people like i do, you have people on here to talk to

I wouldn't worry about it. Now is the time to focus on being the best possible student so that one day you can get a good job that you enjoy doing - and working on becoming a stronger and stronger person every day.

Boyfriends at your age are pretty much a complete waste of time because only about two percent of high school sweethearts who marry end up having a fifty year marriage (that's only 2 out of 100 couples). My recommendation is that you don't group date until you're a freshman in high school and that you don't one-on-one date until you're a junior in high school.

If you do eventually decide to date, look for a strong guy. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money). This is the kind of guy who's less likely to break your heart.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up
  • Trish

Become a candy striper or volunteer someplace.

Get a part time job, save money for a car, and then save money to go on a roadtrip in the summer time.

Sounds as though you think you are in a rut. I would ask are you able to spend time with friends. I know COVID has made a mess of things, but if you can connect with friends with similar interests, that might help. 

• Fin

Hard to say what would fill that 'thing' you're missing.

You could try a new hobby, something you normally wouldn't see yourself doing.  

Or maybe it could be helping others - there's always opportunities to volunteer at a food bank or some other type of charity.