Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

What kind of car would you recommend for a minimum wage worker?

Im making about $1600 a month what kind of car would you recommend?

I don't have any bills other then my phone and my current car which is falling apart.

Something inexpensive, well built, and easy to fix. Ideally you'd be able to deal with basic repairs yourself to save money. 

Common sense kicks into gear with most people. Current car is falling apart? In what way. Every car can go on for as long as U will need it. Drive like a white man who's not snorting Coke & like U R always going to a funeral.

• ?

I would keep driving your current car until it actually falls apart.

Cars are expensive to buy and maintain.

• ?

Chevrolet Sonic. Source: Chevrolet. The Chevrolet Sonic offers a fairly standard option if you want to break into the sub-$15,000 price bracket. ...

Kia Rio. Source: Kia. ...

Ford Fiesta. Source: Ford. ...

Mitsubishi Mirage. Source: Mitsubishi. ...

Chevrolet Spark. Source: Chevrolet. ...

Nissan Versa. Source: Nissan.

Buy a used car that you afford to pay.  With cash.

$4000 per WEEK! Well ONLINE there are CLUNKERS for about $100 or LESS! i have restored MANYCHEAP CARS I foudn to make extra money and I am GRREAQT at it! I RECOMMEND that you go to CARS.COM or CARGURUS liek I did! STAY AWAY from most GM OLDER cars and even CHRYSLER cars! UI bought TWO VW TUIS cars for $500 each at a CAR AUCTION< then I restored them for $5,000 in value! I RECOOMEND a good used TAURS CAR with 24 VALVES! Tehy MAY run eAsily to 500,000 miels iwth PENNZOI LULTRA PLATINUM oil in them! I see cars EVERY DAY fror cheaop just driving around in NEGHBOR HOODS! PEopl DIE or get SICK< etc! SADLY but TRUE! MANY yards have REUBILDABLE WRECKS! PERAHSP you shoudl KEEP the car you have NOW! WHAT IS IT?? year make model counry of origin, MIELAGE and YEAR, of course! FOr ONE or TWO PAYCHECKS you MAY reapir the things wrong with it! If you HATE IT< that is a DIFFERENT STOPRY entirely! GOOD LUCK eithr way! I LOVE CARS.com and CARGURUS! For $3,000 + EACH i got TWO GREAT older BENZ CARS! Tehya re SIMPOLE to won and VERY CHEAP to drive, really! They have MOSTLY no recalls EITHER and PATS last indefinitely! I NEVER paid for ANY CAR with a LOAN! I alwyas did CASH or personal loan! The most PRICEY car i evenhad was a $7,000 AUDI TURBO that I just WOPRSHIPPED! Teh FINISH ALONE wash like on an AIRPKLANE and te4h SEATS were like  a good THEATER! The BNOSE system was SUPERB and CLEAN! ANYWAYS< there ARE cheap cars out there! A TOYOTA USED is a REALLY F GOOD BUY! They MOSTLY fo NOT bend valves if they have a TIIMING BELT! GREAT MILEAGE As well! 

Save up four to six months earnings and then use that cash to buy a reliable car.

• Jay P

I'd recommend public transportation.

On $1600 a month, you have to save your money and buy with cash.

• Steven

Sorry, your car is falling apart but you need to save save save. You did not happen to mention how much free cash you have in your savings account, but that is not my business. I am going on only the $1,600. But unless you have been saving for years or your income increases dramatically you need to stick with practical reliable cars, like Honda/Toyota 

You will need to save up, that is unless you are fortunate enough not to have other major bills to pay. If it is urgent you will need to buy used, possibly several years old. We are not talking anything sporty or luxury. Stick with Honda or Toyota I would say