Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kyle
Lv 7
Kyle asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Baseball - what do you think of this rule?

The DH is still being the same.  NL is a no go, but AL is using a DH.

what if the shift is banned in NL ball parks, but can be used if desired in AL ballparks?  or vice versa?

for fans that like the strategy behind it, just like there is for no DHs with pinch hitters and runners, that could be an interesting discussion.

Update:

jeez Leg.  it's just supposed to be a fun discussion.  i have read that some fans on social media don't like the shift.  and others that don't mind it, for hitters should learn to adapt.  but then in turn, pitchers should pitch better and not rely on the shift for defense too.  or if you keep the shift, a hole opens up elsewhere and is a moot point anyway.  you must be fun at parties. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I hate the idea of banning shifts, period!

• 2 months ago

Without the shift you'd essentially be eliminating defense as an element. Should NL teams get to hit off a Tee also?

• 2 months ago

Do you have some evidence that it's the fans/owners of one league or the other that likes or dislikes the shift? 

Why not team by team?  Home team makes the shift rules?  Since we're just throwing out things without reason.

EDIT:  Fun discussion?  What site do you think you are on?  And yes, some like it and some don't.  Unless it's one league or the other your idea makes no sense.  I'm great fun at parties.  You should have me over.  After 4 or 5 drinks I can discuss ideas without logic with you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.