Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I wanna cosplay, but my body isn't the right size.?

I wanna cosplay Ghostbur, but my body size is bigger than most cosplayers and I feel as though my weight would make my cosplay look weird. Do you think I should do it, or stick to something my own size?

Favorite Answer

I've been going to con and fan events for a lot ng time and  cosplay is not about size. Any size can cosplay as any character. I doubt you are bigger than most cosplayers. Most are just ordinary people like you and me. From a Toronto con several years ago: Here's a couple of cosplayers playing Mad Magazine's Spy Versus Spy. Note that neither have the same body shape as the comic characters. One's even a different gender. Yet that didn't stop them. And the one I the middle is cosplaying as an over age hippy. No, that's not a cosplay, she IS  an overage hippy lol

• ?

Real cosplayers don't care- I have seen some fat mofos dress up. lol