Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What’s the atmosphere like in Yahoo Answers - Seniors nowadays?

I used to be an very active member of this group, along with several others, but left after backbiting and trolling became too much. So, after being absent for several years, what’s it like around here now?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

it really has deteriorated Gladys, the place is overrun by trolls now and hateful messages and posts.  but i am glad you are keeping well, especially during these times.

• 1 month ago

It is really bad and there doesn't seem anyway to clean it up because Yahoo doesn't care about the backbiting and trolling/.

• Jeremy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It's O.K. but not wonderful.  I miss the comments box that we used to have for each question.

• 1 month ago

A blast from the past; it sure is nice to see a familiar face.  CJ here.  I left for the same reason, also medical issues.  I rarely check in anymore. It's unfortunate what has happened here.  Always the same silly Q's from children.  It is sad that they don't have anything  better to do.  The problem is that people keep answering which just encourages them.  I hope you are doing well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It varies a lot from day to day.  We are all of different personalities and become wound up over different issues and that causes friction now and then.  On the whole I think that we are quite a nice, friendly and helpful bunch of people who all just want a little help with issues and enjoy the opportunity of helping others sometimes.  I guess that was the original purpose of this website.  Trolls cause problems now and then but they are the ones with real issues and are best ignored i.m.o.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Gladys, sadly it has deteriorated into such snarkiness that I rarely get on any more.  People make fun of anything "senior" and use the forum for ridicule instead of asking meaningful questions.  Don't waste your time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm so glad you're back, but this site has gotten really bad.  A lot of the regulars have gotten senile and most of the other posters are angry 12 year old boys.

• 1 month ago

Hi Gladys.  Nice to see you.  It's  pretty boring around here but I still try to check in once a day to see if there are any interesting questions. 

• 1 month ago

It has become worse.  It is full of anonymous trolls who often post non-questions and hate messages.  Lots of people post lies and conspiracy theories rather than legitimate questions.

FYI:  I am a young whippersnapper of 76 years old.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.