What’s the atmosphere like in Yahoo Answers - Seniors nowadays?

I used to be an very active member of this group, along with several others, but left after backbiting and trolling became too much. So, after being absent for several years, what’s it like around here now?

• Favorite Answer

it really has deteriorated Gladys, the place is overrun by trolls now and hateful messages and posts.  but i am glad you are keeping well, especially during these times.

It is really bad and there doesn't seem anyway to clean it up because Yahoo doesn't care about the backbiting and trolling/.

• Jeremy

It's O.K. but not wonderful.  I miss the comments box that we used to have for each question.

A blast from the past; it sure is nice to see a familiar face.  CJ here.  I left for the same reason, also medical issues.  I rarely check in anymore. It's unfortunate what has happened here.  Always the same silly Q's from children.  It is sad that they don't have anything  better to do.  The problem is that people keep answering which just encourages them.  I hope you are doing well.

It varies a lot from day to day.  We are all of different personalities and become wound up over different issues and that causes friction now and then.  On the whole I think that we are quite a nice, friendly and helpful bunch of people who all just want a little help with issues and enjoy the opportunity of helping others sometimes.  I guess that was the original purpose of this website.  Trolls cause problems now and then but they are the ones with real issues and are best ignored i.m.o.

• Ann

Gladys, sadly it has deteriorated into such snarkiness that I rarely get on any more.  People make fun of anything "senior" and use the forum for ridicule instead of asking meaningful questions.  Don't waste your time.

I'm so glad you're back, but this site has gotten really bad.  A lot of the regulars have gotten senile and most of the other posters are angry 12 year old boys.

Hi Gladys.  Nice to see you.  It's  pretty boring around here but I still try to check in once a day to see if there are any interesting questions. 

It has become worse.  It is full of anonymous trolls who often post non-questions and hate messages.  Lots of people post lies and conspiracy theories rather than legitimate questions.

FYI:  I am a young whippersnapper of 76 years old.