Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What can I mix with cucumbers for a smoothie?

Beside using it in salads or salted on sandwiches, I don't always finish eating all of the cucumber, so I was thinking of doing a smoothie.  I know you can search on google, but every recipes I found were with kiwi or ginger ---- which I cannot eat due being sensitive to it (spices and certain "tropical" fruits) or other green vegetables/fruits like Avocados and Pears which I don't have.

What ingredients I've:

Milk

Berry flavored yogurt

Canned pineapples and clementines

Lemon

Zucchini 

Oranges

Red Apples 

Bananas

Frozen Berries

Cucumbers and melon is a wonderful refreshing flavor.

I'd just pour ranch dressing on it and call it a snack. I'm still not convinced everything has to be in a smoothie.

Mango and peach both go great with cucumber, add a bit of citrus to that along with your yogurt and you got a good smoothie. 

• ?

Try it with apples and bananas

or berry flavored yogurt, milk  and frozen berries

or pineapples and oranges

Why not make a quick pickle? 

A bit of sugar, a bit of salt some water, vinegar heat that up until the salt and sugar dissolve and add the sliced cucumber. 

This would be good on a sandwich or chopped in a salad.  Would taste different than just sliced cucumbers. 

OR

Grate the cucumber, salt it for a bit then wring dry.  Add to Greek Yogurt along with some garlic.   Great on a sandwich or a burger. 

Crumbled up dried dog poo.

• kswck2

Unless yo grow it at home and have WAY too much of it, just leave it out of a smoothie.