Lela asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

My potted citrus tree’s leaves are curled up ?

Hi, I got this potted citrus tree from a supermarket and the plant was staying in all day in the shop, so no natural light but it looked great. I brought it home and put by my balcony window to get some lovely sun and the next day the leaves were all curled up. I’ve been watering it every day and spraying water on the leaves but it’s been a week and they’re still the same. There’s good drainage but no water comes out when I water it so I don’t think I’m overwatering either. I tried to leave it away from direct sunlight because I thought maybe the plant is not used to it since it was indoors for so long but no luck either. The leaves are still green but curled up. Is my tree dying? Any hopes of the leaves uncurling? Pls help!

Ps: there’s even a new tiny lemon growing today!

Rapture is a heresy. One must hide within a small group (10-12 people according to saint Seraphim of Sarov from Russia, 10-15 people group according to saint Gabriel Urgebadze from the country of Georgia) in order to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast. No documents; documents are from Satan; burn them (even documents of deceased relatives). No electronics once you hid so that you won't be tracked (even an old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's will show the infamous evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether). [Saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov] Mark of the beast is given with World Passport (grey plastic card with no name on it); antichrist will release prisoners / insane asylum people to help him mark everyone. Police will mark people on highways; food stores will mark people who steal marked food (because marked food can only be swallowed by a marked person who has three strands of DNA instead of two). Reject vaccines, temperature scans, COVID tests (or similar), etc.

Source(s): Saint Paisios from Mount Athos said that the devil wants to deceive the rich with freemasonry, poor with communism, and believers with ecumenism.

The curling leaf is a natural condition of shedding the old leaves.  Look at the base of the stem and see if there is a bud for a new twig. If there is a bud, it is shedding the old leaf.  Stop watering it so much.  When you do water, flood the pot.  Citrus like occasional watering and sandy soils.  Less water than a house plant.  Of course, it is outdoors in the sun so the soil dries out faster.  It wants all the sunlight you can give it.  To have something, plant it in the flower bed on the south wall of your house, about 5 or 6 feet out from the wall.  Enough room to get behind it so that in the winter you can put a polyethylene film over it to protect it from freezing.  Buy a heater and put under it if the temper drops to the dangerous limits of the citrus.

• T C

There are a variety of different reasons and conditions depending on the type of citrus and the curl.

Curling up, curling down, and curling in are different symptoms from different causes.

When citrus leaves curl inward…. it’s probably a sign of lack of water. 

Check around the base of the tree to see if the soil is dry…..also move it out of direct sunlight for now ….you can gradually work towards direct sunlight as the weeks pass. 

Major temperature changes such as heat cause leaves curling upward.

When there is a potassium deficiency, especially with lemons ….you will get a downward curling of leaves. Also lemon and orange trees are susceptible to pests that feed on and suck the sap from under the leaves causing them to curl and cup downwards. So check under the leaves.