applying at pep boys, no experience with cars, tips?

So far I've had two jobs before, both in restaurants. I from 2017-2018 (the company was going under so I left) then I got a job at another restaurant and I've been working there since 2018. 

I know how to put windshield washer fluid in the washer fluid tank and I know how to check what the pressure on a tire is but that is  the end of what I know about cars. What can I do to boost my chances of passing an interview and get hired? 

• Jay P

What kind of job are you looking for?  If you're applying for a cashier's position, no automotive experience is required for that but you won't be qualified for much else if you only have restaurant experience.

It would be hard unless you have a friend or family member that can recommend and help you.

SORRY! Not very much! todays cars are SO VERY COMPLEX that you nearly need a MASTER in engineering to own ANYTHING let alone fix it! You may make a GREAT cashier, tho! And LEARN as you go! GOO DLUCK to you ALWAYS1

Tell them you want the master mechanic position!

• fuzzy

You don't really need to be tech level anymore to work at an auto-parts store, knowing how to use a computer is valued more than actual automotive experience and knowing how to speak Spanish, or should I say broken Mexican. Having a lifetime of automotive repairing behind me, I've met some real boxes of rocks working at these stores. How many 40-50-60 year old people that really know cars have you ever seen working at one? Trust me you'll do just fine.

Unless you are eye-popping gorgeous or at least have eye-popping anatomy, there's not a popsickles chance in hell that you'll be hired.

No chance if you are applying as a mechanic.  An automotive school certificate would help if you do not have experience.  Good luck.

• ?

Your only chance is for cashier, you haven't a clue about cars and that knowledge is not obtained via YA question and answer it takes years of interest and learning (even if just as a hobby).  

• ?

If you work at an auto parts store, knowing something about autoparts is a plus.

Since you don't, dress proactively & flash a little bit of leg.  That may or may not work.

For one - don't be gay. You won't be hired because when customers talk about their rear end, they want you to know they mean their car. Secondly, focus up on general automotive terminology. Know what a transfer case is, differential, transaxle, half shaft, control arm, strut, alternator. Things like that will help dramatically improve your odds of landing the job and perhaps some poon later on.