Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Does my coworker think I am mentally retarded?

I noticed she asked me difficult questions just to see how I would respond, and then I said, "I don't know." She was like, "What do you mean you don't know?" 

Then one time a coworker asked me a question and she answered, "She doesn't know.": Then once she was talking about herself and she said, "I am not retarded." Like as if she was referring to me. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I have to say that your posting of this extremely boring and detailed question, about a situation that none of us can know anything about, DOES mean that while I'm not qualified to say whether you're actually "mentally retarded", I can understand why someone might think so.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope not

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep saying "I don't know the answer."  Repeat as necessary.  She'll figure out you're not a wealth of information and move on.  Either that or purposefully give her the wrong answer.

• 1 month ago

Since she's not your boss, you don't have to answer her questions.  I would turn it around on her, by asking, "Why are you asking me that?"  Or ignore the question and just talk about something else.  If she doesn't stop, just say, "You know, all these questions  are starting to annoy me.  Can't we just do our jobs?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

When you are asked these questions, just pretend to be shy. Then it will be very difficult to determine whether or not you are mentally retarded.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe yes, she thinks that or maybe she is just trying to prove to others that she is smart.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, I do think your coworker thinks you're mentally retarded.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.