Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Legally what can i do about this cat issue?

My cousin had a cat. She smoked meth and pot around said cat and made the cat deathly ill. I took the cat to the vet because cousin went out and partied, abandoning said cat with no sitter in our shared home. Shes never taken the cat to the vet and has no legal records of cat belonging to her. This is the 7th cat shes made sick/lost/dead early. Shes neglected it. I paid for all vet bills and special food. Is there any legal way she can get the cat back after this (having friends say the cat is hers, her kids saying the cats hers, pictures on her phone)? Cat may be permanently ill/disabled, and cousin is still doing drugs. She has a single litterbox in her room thats caked in feces but thats all the physical proof she has since her cat just ate out of my cats food and water. Cats less then a year old and is very tiny. Vet was very concerned and said cat isnt well enough for vaccines and will need follow up visits. 

Update:

Theres one answer that im addressing here. The cat us legally in my name right now, and id like to say something again-she abandoned the cat. She left the house for weeks with no one watching it or feeding it in her room. Im strongly considering reporting her for animal abuse. And as much as im happythere are people who care about animals- please, dear lord, stop suggesting murder. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can report her for the drugs but there's not much that will likely happen unless she has them on her or has the drugs in her home

And its her cat., you have no legal rights to keep it. So what if you paid the vet bills, that doesn't make it your cat. Same for paying for food. 

She can legally get the cat back since you had no right to take it. You have no right to the cat at al 

• 2 months ago

Report her to the police.   Then take a baseball bat and bash her skull in.  This world would be a LOT better off without her.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pop the hood on your car and take a look at the battery.

Scrape the white residue off the battery terminals and collect it in a baggy.

Empty the contents of said baggy into your cousins meth supply.

Problem solved.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.