Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is your opinion on gay marriage?

I completely support the LGBTQIA community. But I want to know some other peoples perspectives. What is your opinion? 🏳️‍🌈😊

"gays are more likely to force gayness on their kids" Well, I think it's fair since straight parents have tried to force heterosexuality on their gay kids since forever

• ?

I support it and It shouldn’t even be a debate.... its 2021 and I’m not trying to go back to the 50’s. If 2 people of the same sex want to get married (as long as it’s 2 consenting adults) it doesn’t concern you. If you don’t agree with it then don’t get gay married. It’s that simple. 

Only bedroom I think people should have an opinion on is their own. It sounds weird but, unless they are hoping to be involved in the other person’s bedroom, I honestly don’t get why people care about other people’s love lives. If they aren’t interested in the person then I don’t see how it matters. 

Gays care only about sex

• Phil M

It has no effect on me what so ever. Everyone should have the right to marry.

My opinion is that heterosexual marriage is a bad thing because it's about men enslaving women.  I don't know why same-sex couples would want to adopt such a distasteful custom when they have the opportunity to write their own story regarding sex and love.

Marriage is a legal contract.    The idea that only some could do it was silly.   Now there is balance in society. 

• ?

Every time I hear people get cranked up about this, I ask myself "Does no one realize that "marriage"...yes, M.A.R.R.I.A.G.E is the word used here... that "marriage" is handed out by elected officials?"  

Yes you can go to your priest and get married.  But you can also go to your magistrate or justice of the peace.  For MARRIAGE, folks.  Not Civil Union.  Not Common Law Partnership.  MARRIAGE.  Which means guess what?  In the USA marriage is not religious, people.  There's no deep spiritual significance reaching back to Creation.  Oh, it might be a sacrament inside the doors of your church - and if that's what you want then that's up to your preacher and congregation to decide.  But outside your church, in this great land of ours, MARRIAGE is a signature by a duly-authorized officer of the state.  They hand it out right across from the police station!  

And no I'm not talking about a Marriage Certificate.  I'm talking about MARRIAGE.  You might like your marriage served with all the religion poured on top, but the fact is that for over two hundred years in this country, MARRIAGE has been a simple, secular, administrative distinction.  It's way, way too late to close that barn door.  That hoss is done gone, baby, gone.

So if you want to fuss about God intended this and God intended that, and this sacred blah blah blah blah blah - then go on ahead.  But that ain't gonna change the nature of the institution in the US of A.  If two gay guys pay their taxes to support the government officials who perform MARRIAGES on behalf of the state, then the state had bloody well better extend the MARRIAGES that those officials perform to those two gay guys, if they want it.  They're paying the government to provide the service, so they should be able to partake of it.

And if you want to argue that having government officials conduct MARRIAGE is inappropriate and undermines your sacred estate of matrimony, I'm so sorry, Charlie, but you're just...um...245 YEARS too late to sing that tune.  

I fully support Marriage Equality.

Because everyone should be able to marry the person they love. *

* Clarification for trolls: Any two, adult, consenting human beings.

• Marriage but make it fashion. 10/10. Marriage 2.0: the update. My favorite flavor of marriage.... It's good, I like it.