Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Did I damage my new Rolex Datejust with automatic watch winder? ?

Hi there, this is going to sound crazy and embarrassing, so I recently purchased a brand new Rolex. 

Because I am currently not wearing the Rolex full time due to personal reasons, I decided to purchase an automatic watch winder. 

The other night I installed the watch in the winder and secured the glass case over the watch. I didn’t realise at the time that the watch was actually moving in motion against the glass throughout the night and when I found the watch again in the morning, there was white liquid coming out of the rolex, 

Does anyone know exactly what this is and should I be worried? 

Its been at least a week since this happened and the watch is still functioning 100% correctly with the correct time. 

What further steps can I take to ensure I have not damaged the watch in any way? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The only way would be to get a watch repairer or Rolex to open up the watch and check it over.

Note that unless you pay extra, the water resistance is no longer guaranteed after the watch casing has been opened.

By design, there is no liquid inside the watch. So whatever liquid you saw can only have come from elsewhere. 

• 1 month ago

Does she have a green card?  (Sorry, could resist a smart ass answer)  Last watch I owned was a Timex I got in 8th grade a long time ago, hence the not PC comment.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

personal finance?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.