Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How many more years do I thank my boss?

I work on a contract basis and 3 years ago I was overpaid.  I went straight to tell my boss and she said, "Because you were underpaid a few months back...you keep it"  It was something like £350 extra.  Since then and for the past three Christmases, I've given her presents to show my appreciation for this 'compensatory financial gift'.  Is it time now to say enough now with the Christmas presents for something given three years ago?  I feel forever I have to get her something each Christmas now?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You were allowed to keep the money in compensation for being underpaid earlier. That means you were "equal" right then. It was nice of you to show your appreciation that first Christmas, but the following Christmases it was totally unnecessary.

You can stop now. By all means give her a card and/or a very small gift, but don't feel you're in her debt for ever. You AREN'T.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

thats up to you

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Giving a "compensatory financial gift" sends the wrong message.  Stop doing it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tell your boss you have switched religions and no longer celebrate Christmas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There was no reason to get a gift for your boss.

If you want, get them a small gift each year if you really want to.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Jesus, find something more important to worry about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.