Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Why do bands still exist?

I don’t understand it all you need is a singer you don’t need all the “band” people like guitar or drums that can all be done on computers and quite frankly sounds much better when it is also no chance of human error I wish I’d stop hearing about all these dumbass bands it’s not 1960 bro things have changed and your “band” is obsolete. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Quato
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I guess actors should be obsolete too, just make movies all CGI, get rid of the actors.

• 1 month ago

Your opinion about only needing a singer is, by your own logic, pointless -- because now, you don't even need that. All you really have to do is plug lyrics into a voice app and use autotune to add melody.

Everything can be done digitally, on computer. But that doesn't mean it sounds better. It sounds exactly like what it is -- processed. Soulless. Mechanical. That's the exact opposite of what music is supposed to be.

If you want your computer bands with autotuned voices, hey, more power to you. But IMO, it will never compete with the sound of a real guitar, or a slithery, sexy bassline, or the real emotion you get from a singer pouring their heart into their vocals.

• 1 month ago

Same reason sex with a real person is better than using a blow-up doll..... a computer may not make mistakes, but it lacks the ability to use flair + passion + improvisation + show off a little bit to give it an extra something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtyZSWJkFXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6lmbHnh_Z0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymWaJlWJuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4sQReqDY4

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Music technology has been around for a while now and it hasn’t replaced bands.  You would think logically, it would.  But it’s not about logic.  I’ve played in bands as a keyboard player yet have a foot in the technology camp, as you do as a keyboard player.  There are two very distinct ways of making music: 1. With other people in the room with their acoustic/electric instruments v 2. By yourself in front of a computer with virtual digital /analogue and acoustic instruments.  Believe it or not you get different results.  Both are legitimate ways to produce music.  Bands are imperfect, they’re human. There are flaws (although less these days with the digital recording process) that enhance the performance.  Computer/digital recording can be perfect/flawless if the producer wants it to be.  But therein lays the problem.  It can sound dead and undynamic. A good engineer will try to produce an organic, less clean performance so it won’t come across as if C3PO is playing it.  At the heart of the music making process is the human being and that’s what we most respond to, although the machines are catching up fast if they’re programmed in the right way!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That's an amazingly blinding flash of insight from you. You clearly understand what carpintery is all about. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can keep asking this retarded question until Judgment Day, nobody gives a toss. What would lead you to believe that people who love music might care what some anonymous adolescent clown thinks anyway? If you want to whinge like a bodge go do it elsewhere.  

• 👻
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I sort of agree, I’ve always thought it’s the singer who really 

stands out, and the rest of the band could easily be replaced by other competent musicians.

On the other hand, some might like hearing a live band on stage at a club, or something. But that aside, I agree with ya.

• !
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Clearly you're wrong. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.