Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would unplugging my Wi-Fi router make any device logged into it have to re put in the password?

Yesterday I got asked over by a elderly neighbor because her Wi-Fi wasn't working. She accidentally knocked over there Wi-Fi router while cleaning and unplugged it. I plugged it back in but when I tried logging back in but she couldn't tell me which Wi-Fi profile was theres and where the password was. She said that they're grandson that lives 30 minutes away usual takes care of any tech for them. So I told her I would momentarily log them onto mine until he could come over. It was only later that I remember that she doesn't have a good memory and that if there wasn't an active problem she may forget to ask him to fix it. I don't want to risk them using mine long term because I don't have an unlimited plan. So I was wondering if I give them a week to get it fixed and then unplugged my router would there computer need the password or would it log back on automatically?

First of all, props to you for helping your neighbor.  What I would do is follow through with the help by working to contact her grandson and get everything fixed up.  I'd explain what happened, and ask for the password to the wi-fi network so you can help in the future.  If your neighbor will vouch for you, perhaps he would entrust the router password to you.

If you had to hack it without the grandson, finding her router's wi-fi could be done by signal strength alone.  Or by unplugging it and seeing which network disappears.  Or by trying to connect to every network found by her device.  Possibly, the password is already remembered by the device, once you choose the right network.

Closing access to your neighbor in the future would be as simple as changing the password on your wi-fi network.  But that would be a last resort, because good relations with neighbors are priceless.

No, most will automatically reconnect

Depends on the operating system / network manager in use. Generally speaking, it should remember the password. If somebody is coming over to fix their router, they would probably set up the connection for them, anyway.

No.

You need to change the router WiFi password to prevent existing things connecting, then add back the same new password on your devices.