Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

is referring to a beige color as "skin color" insensitive to poc?

umm like when you are coloring and you use that ugly crayola peach color and call it skin color (even though it looks nothing like skin tbh) but i have always wondered if this is insensitive to poc

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Yes
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Woke white women at universities decided it was offensive.

• Ivan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

People need to get over their "sensitivity" to skin color. We all have skin, and it comes in different colors. That is a fact of life people. Get used to it.

• 2 months ago

There's a highly regarded blog for writers about what terms are okay to use when describing the skin of anyone who's not white. The flat-out color name--black, brown, beige, tan--is always okay.

When our kids were young, we bought them a set of crayons that represented the real skin tones of the world, I think a set of twelve or maybe sixteen crayons. Now I don't remember what they named the colors, just that they had something right for everyone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.