? asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

What do you think about Republicans trying to tighten the voting?

They talk about fraud but I’m even going to talk about that. In the past many people didn’t vote and in my opinion that’s a good thing. Just hear me out. I know that many people hate me saying it but I am afraid that we will turn into a Socialist country if everyone votes and that’s because about 1/2 of people don’t even pay taxes and make poor life decisions. I don’t want those people voting because I’m afraid that it would result in the United States failing as a whole. I’m not talking about voting Republican vs Democrat because those are just names. I’m talking about people voting for the wrong reasons and their knowledge is lack. What do you say?

Favorite Answer

Something must be done about voting integrity.

• 1 week ago

This lady got arrested and found guilty !

But the Main Stream Media, Bill Barr, Judge Roberts, et al... Are telling you Brain Dead SHEEP that there is NO EVIDENCE of Election Fraud ....

https://rumble.com/vc5scx-project-veritas-james-ok...

And asking people for ID when voting is bad ?...

I guess the Brain Washing work well on you ! ...

• Archer

Republicans understand that having one prove they have the "right" to or have earned the right to vote isn't "racist" where the Dems seem to promote if you don't agree with them your a racist. Why do you think there is so much stupidity out there when you have the delusional not dictating what reality is!

• Tmess2

You know that in the past the reason that many people didn't vote is that they were not eligible to vote.  What you are really saying is that you only want people who agree with you to vote.  While you say you don't want to use labels, that is straight out of current Republican talking points.  

As far as half not paying taxes, that is a statement that commonly comes from the far right and is not true.  The not paying taxes is only true if you limit it to federal income taxes.  Under the current tax code, you need to make around $30,000 to pay income taxes (depending upon marital status and number of children).  But people making less than $30,000 pay taxes at both the federal and state level.  Everybody working pays Social Security taxes.  Everybody pays state sales tax.  Depending on the state, you may still have state and local income taxes at a lower income than would incur federal income taxes.  Depending on the state, you may have personal property taxes on your vehicle.  And if you own a home, you have state real property taxes.  (If you rent, you might not be paying real property taxes directly, but you are paying them indirectly through your rental payment).  If you have a phone or use cable, you are paying taxes on those bills.  If you purchase liquor or alcohol, you are paying taxes on those items.

And Socialist is just a label that you are using for policies that you disagree with.  Every Western Democracy has some government spending programs and most of them are substantially more extensive than what occurs in the United States.  And the most successful economy in the world today is China which is way more Socialist than the U.S.  

I think people should be encouraged to vote safely and legally. I object to what looks like voter suppression. Everyone is entitled to their opinion how they vote. No one should be allowed to suppress that ... especially when suppression looks like it comes f/ people who disagree w/ the other opinion.

• ?

I think they are already cheating again by making laws that stop people. Buy closing polling places by one  drop box for millions of Americans to take their mail in ballots.

EDIT: Voting should not be made hard to do. 

• Jeff D

Some people focus on the right to vote but not the duties that come with it--namely, to educate oneself about the issues and candidates.