Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Could someone please help me with determining what monitor I have on my laptop?

My laptop is a MSI GS65 Stealth 9SE, the official specs from MSI says the monitor is "IPS-level" however, many forums I have read say that is not, it is simply a really good TN screen. I am confused by that though because my laptop screen though because it has better color accuracy, contrast ratio, and viewing angles than the $150 IPS screen that I purchased. The laptop screen is a 4ms 240hz 1920x1080 screen and you can view it from any angle and there is no degradation in color or picture quality (which is indicative of an IPS display), however, my laptop screen does not have that light issue on the corners (which is indicative of a VA screen). I have eliminated the fact that it is a TN screen because the viewing angles are really good.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

"IPS-level" is marketing speak suggesting their screen is as good as an IPS. It may be a trademark issue, or it may just be a really nice screen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.