Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

I-485 interview to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status didn’t go well?

What happens now? 


I’m married to US CITIZEN 

Update 2:

I had tourist visa from November 25,2019 until May 26,2020 it was for 6 months. I got married in December 17 2019 to a US CITIZEN so I never went back to my homeland I’m still in America since 2019 of November 

Update 3:

B2 visa is what I had

Update 4:

Yeah I brought all important forms with me (birth certificate)

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago


  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Get a lawyer because traveling with all your docs like that is a red flag for fraud. 

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Your B2 was issued for tourism purposes. While it's not unheard of that a tourist falls in love with someone while on vacation, tourists usually don't carry their birth certificate with them on a vacation. More importantly, they NEED to return home after the vacation because they have a flat, a job, a cat or dog, or at least plants needing watering. And a closet full of stuff. A car or motorcycle. A tourist cannot just extend his vacation for a year unless he's financially independent. So there's your problem. The I.O. may conclude that you entered the United States with the INTENT to immigrate, and that's a felony.

    For now, I would not overreact though. I would wait for the communication from the USCIS and then figure out the next move.

    Source(s): I’m an immigrant to the United States, worked as a corporate attorney, and now live in Ojai, California.
  • 2 months ago

    You need to get an IMMIGRATION attorney AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  

    Source(s): life
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    IN RESPONSE TO YOUR UPDATE:  I can see your problem.  When you come on a tourist visa you can adjust status.  However, to adjust from tourist to permanent residence via marriage you need to be able to prove that this was not premeditated.  The fact that you married within a month of arriving would have been suspicious.  Did you 'happen' to have your birth certificate by any chance? 

    If this was pre-planned, you should have gone home after the marriage and applied for a spousal visa.  What do you do now?  Take your spouse back to your own country and wait out your ban.  I'm sure they explained that to you at the interview.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.