? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What can I do about this ?

I don’t really enjoy life I’m always tired and I hate my job and I just got a new job so I have 2 now and I thought I would love this new one but I’m not sure if I do or not? My mum, dad, grandma, and girlfriend are proud of this new job I got it’s only 2 days for 3 hours. I love my girlfriend and love spending time with her but now I don’t have my Sunday anymore because of this new job! Sunday used to be our day and I would have someone to look forward to. I always feel drained and depressed and don’t have any energy! My pay came in the other day and most people are excited to see it but I didn’t even look at it I still don’t know what it was I just don’t seem to care about anything l. I really miss my sleep in on Sundays and miss spending the day with my girlfriend and don’t get me wrong when I didn’t work on the Sunday I had that day to look forward to but I still felt drained! I always with I could go to sleep and never wake up! As for the new job everyone thinks I like it and especially my parents helped me so much to get it and I would always talk about it and now I don’t like it and can’t escape it. Life just makes me sick at the moment! What can I do?

Favorite Answer

Rule out something medical first.  since your part time job seems to be better look for ways to increase your time there.  Look for a different full time job and one that lets you have Sundays off.  It is tricky in society today to find a job with steady hours.  well finding any job these days is a bonus.  Military families find time for each other.  Maybe you can skype or text your gf when you are on breaks.  Life doesn't have to be all or nothing...give yourself a break.  I think you should rule out the medical things like sinus/ inner ear issues, high blood pressure, diabetes can be some medical things that seem like depression.  Hang in there....tough times don't last

Life is full of sacrifices, this may be the first time you have experienced this.  Responsibilities mount up as we get older.

Is there anything, that you know of, that you can do to change things?  If there is, then change them.  If you find that there is nothing you can do to change things, then you have to find someway to accept it.  This is just a moment in your lifetime,  Relax & do the best you can.  This, too, will pass.  It won't be this way all the time.  You are being a responsible person & you can get through this.