Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 month ago

How do I use looping for segments of a value in multi dimensional arrays PHP?

I have been trying to figure out how to approach this problem (attached in the picture) but am not sure how to start considering I need to use parts of one value to find parts of other values in the array.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

When you iterate over a suitable array of employees, you can check if the current employee satisfies the condition, then proceed accordingly. For instance *if* their lastname is "L", push their salary into the $avg_salary[] array.

You can do this for all four parts a. to d. inside a single loop.

Once the loops ends, you can use the intermediate arrays to calculate the average, or output the phone numbers, etc.

Also, I don't think you necessarily need to use "name" => "John Doe" in your array items; I don't see why you can't use "fname" => "John", "lname" => "Doe" instead. This makes it easier to test the current employee.