Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

when and how much apple cider vinegar do I add to cabbage soup?cabbage, taters, onions, peppers, polish sauceage,- Ifried all-boiled cabbage?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just add a little at first, then taste as you go, and add more if liked.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know if there is vinegar in that recipe or not, but read the recipe instructions. 

• 1 month ago

Unless you're making sweet and sour cabbage soup, you don't need vinegar. If you do use it, wilt the cabbage in the broth and then add vinegar and ingredients before simmering for about 30 min. The amount depends on how much soup you're making. I usually use about 1/4 cup.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get back, Loretta. 

Whoa, start with a capful or a scant teaspoon. Taste. Then you can add more. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think that vinegar is necessary if the dish is spiced correctly. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I usually add that sort of thing at the end of cooking to brighten the flavors a bit. Add in a little bit at a time until you get the flavor you want

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.