Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Recipes to hide the taste of chocolate?

Hiya, I got some dark chocolate with lemon and juniper gin (it is just a block of chocolate with lemon, juniper gin taste). It does not taste good, and the taste is super strong.  Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas on how I could use it up without having to bin it? I was thinking of baking it into a cake but it's such a strong taste, that I am worried it will dominate the entire cake. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I'd be tempted to make a Mexican mole sauce to see if it were as spectacular as I think it would be. There's an old advertising axiom that if something is unusual, don't suppress it, put a hat on it (feature it). Recipe source follows.

• 1 month ago

That juniper taste would be difficult to camoflage.

I would give the chocolate to someone who likes gin martini's. They'll love it. Don't toss it out!

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Juniper has a very distinct, strong taste and is difficult to hide. About the only thing I can think of is to serve the chocolate with cheese on a board, just warn your guests that it is an unusual taste. 

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe it tastes better than it sounds. But from the sound of it I'd probably throw it away. I'm serious. If it tastes awful don't eat it, life is too short.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Personally..there is NO way to hide the taste of Juniper. About the only logical way to use it would be to turn it into a sauce, almost like a Mole for venison. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your question is so very weird to me.  

Give it to someone who likes the taste or bin it.  

It's DESSERT.   100% optional.   What difference does it make whether you flush it down the toilet (after digesting) or toss it in the compost (before digesting)?   Either way, it's going back to the Earth.    Save yourself the calories if you don't like the taste. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.