Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 month ago

Are "werewolves" real?

Germanic settlers in America hung talismans on their barns to keep away "hexen wolf", a historical report is the beast of gevaudan from France, with more modern notable examples being the Michigan dogman and the beast of bray road. There's reports of wolf-men using hypnosis to lure in prey and chasing cars along country roads. Is it possible man isn't the alpha predator after all and our arrogance is just that?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • NO,  however possession by evil spirits with those who seek to connect their lives with evil ideals, with low and cruel or wicked lifestyles does attract those demons. Many a possessed person was executed in many ways throughout history, some were actually possessed and some only had  a different view point from the religious order (usually the catholic church in the dark ages), which is where most of these stories come from.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I dunno. My dog is kinda weird. He likes to play fight & eat ice cream.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, there are no werewolves.

• 1 month ago

No, there aren't reports.  And no, werewolves aren't real.  The real thing is much scarier than any cheesy monster movie, but far less visually spectacular.

The werewolf is an artistic metaphor for puberty, which is why it's such a terrifying character.  Ask anyone who survived puberty, and they'll tell you the werewolf lore is the watered down PG13 version of the story.  The explosive physical mutation, the emotional unbalance, the mental uncertainty, the intense primal urges, the feeling of helplessness through it all... it makes the werewolf legend look easy by comparison.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

oOOOOOoooww! ^_^

* transformation begins! *

my new form!  --- >  >:-D

lol

now i'm a fecking werewolf you ***** ! >:-D

shall I rip ya throat open >:-D

LOL

you lame vampire fool.

: ))

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No - of course not.

Those 'reports' are just very silly myths.

• BJJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i used to be a Werewolf but i'm alright  NHAAWOOOO !!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.