How would you feel donating sick or vacation time to a financially irresponsible coworker?

One of my coworkers recently had a baby and she used to the shared leave program to fund her maternity leave. She came back to work 3 weeks after giving birth because she didn't have enough leave as this was very unplanned. She mentioned right before the birth that she couldn't really afford to take time off unpaid. It's her 4th child.

It seems like she is being very irresponsible with finances, and so how would you feel donating your time off to someone like that? 

• ?

Donating sick days to a coworker isn't a cure for our paid leave problem ... Island staff hadn't donated their days -- up to 10 apiece -- for her to keep her benefits. ... news means for you and your money — no matter your investing experience. ... 'He was a generous man and financially stable, or so I thought.' ...

• ?

Honestly I wouldn't donate my time. I'll stay in my lane. Her problems are not your problems.

I donated to the shared leave, and left it at that.  It isn't my place to evaluate who is and isn't allowed to take that leave. If you don't want to donate to the shared leave bank, don't.  But it's incredibly immature to donate to it and then whine when someone uses it.

Personally - I would not "donate" MY TIME to anyone under any circumstances.  You can consider that selfish if you want to - but MY TIME was earned by MY work history and I might need it for myself.

Now, I MIGHT make a money donation to this person to try to help them out.  It would depend on a few things that the information here just can't determine.  I have know people that I have been willing to help but I have known other people that I have not helped because I didn't feel like they did enough to try to help themselves.

• 28AKO

i wouldn't know this lady finances cause i wouldn't be in her business like that. idk what kind of bills she has to pay, mortgage, car note, daycare, before and after school and groceries that she has to pay out. She could be a single parent or something. I probably would donate one day or 4hrs that's it. But i'm not going to judge cause you never know what someone is going through at home

• helene

If I "donated" of my own free will, I'd feel just fine about it.

Why are you so obsessed with this woman? What was she supposed to do--- bash the baby's brains in, so as not to need maternity leave, or offend Weirdo Jeff?

• ?

Many people today have their priorities screwed up.  Our population is the root of most of our problems.