Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do criminals ever get off because the police or investigators screwed up some paperwork?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not in my case.... Usually not

• 1 month ago

Many times.           

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It has happened from time to time.

• 1 month ago

Unfortunately they do but it is even more common for a prosecutor to give them a plea deal when they should go to trial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, that happens. The classic example is when Ernesto Miranda wasn't read his rights and they dismissed the case and he had to go to trial again.

I find EdWinter's comment interesting but not believable. Jury duty is not that common so sitting on several juries would be very unlikely, especially since once the prosecutor saw he was involved in a "not guilty" verdict he would never make it past voir dire. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, son, they do. Punks not caught red-handed who can afford a half-way decent lawyer have an excellent chance of walking. I've sat on enough juries to assure you of this fact.

• 1 month ago

uhh yea all the time, do you even know who OJ simpson is?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.