Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

My son is getting married and my daughter is the bridesmaid. The problem is that she's the only one that looks good in the bridesmaid dress.?

Anything that can be done about this? How dirty can get the bridal workers be? My future DIL has chosen my daughter to be one of her bridesmaids. I think one of the bridal workers  helped choose a dress for the three bridesmaids. it's a long and flowy rose gold dress because my future daughter in law said her favorite color was in the pink tones. Problem is that my daughter is the only one that flatters that dress. I'm not trying to appear rude or distasteful but the dress makes the other girls appear heavier than they are While my daughter looks thin. The bridesmaids even said that they look fat in the dress and I could tell they were uncomfortable while trying on the dress. I told my husband about the situation. I feel like it was very rude and distasteful to choose a dress that flatters my daughter and not the other girls. The bridal worker even suggested my daughter be the first one to model the dress before the others tried it on.

• L

This is not your battle to fight.  The Bride selects the dresses and the colors.  Move on.

That's her business not yours. Let it go!!! Rude and distasteful???? She chose what she wanted and it is her wedding.

thanks for the points, troll. i'm sure your daughter also looks like a troll lmao

• lila

Thank you for the laugh, I needed one.

Your question is embarrassing, good thing you posted anonymously. 

It’s not your wedding.....why should you care

• ?

Are you saying she should choose a dress that flatters them all because I know you are overstepping your boundaries by trying to tell her what dress the bridesmaids should wear if that's what you want to say.

• ?

Your rambling on about someone else's attendant dresses is irrelevant. 

You sound like a meddling instagator. I do hope you drop your monster-in-law attitude. Lady, what you think does not even matter, so be quiet.

Honestly, don't you have more important things to do?

• drip

Let it go. Guests are not going to be as  judgement as you are. You do not get a say about the bridesmaids dresses. 

Sorry but this story is sounding like a troll.

Stay out of it. 

• ?

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

The bridesmaids are old enough to either talk to the bride, or just woman up and wear what she picked. Long and flowy is better than stiff, shiny satin. Actually, it's MUCH more forgiving, and I can say that as someone with 40 years experience in sewing clothing and about 10 years experience of being a little stout, myself.

The dress doesn't make them look overweight. Being overweight makes them look overweight. The bride is hung up on the rose gold color, but at least she's choosing women she cares about and not picking her 'maids based on them being model-thin.

As for 'how dirty can the bridal workers be?" my guess is, they do their best to please the bride. The nicer the experience their customers have, the more likely those customers will return. They can *try* and steer a certain direction, but they aren't going to refuse to sell things.

No clue how or why this would fall under the category of anything you have a thing to say about. I've seen and worn some extremely unflattering bridesmaid dresses!  Never had a one I'd ever wear again. Lots of resale on bridal wear. The POINT is that no one is supposed to look better than the bride. And that is often what it appears the bride thought the point was too. Basically, it's not your business. Stay the heck out of it. Smile, nod, act pleased at the wedding and reception. That's about the scope of your control over this wedding. Even if you're picking up the tab! What the bridesmaids wear doesn't fall under your jurisdiction. Back away softly.