Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can anyone identify this type of tree?

The trunk is 5ft in diameter and I'm guessing it stands about 50ft tall.  Its dying and needs to come down

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Actually, I would contact a saw-mill. They may be delighted to cut the tree down for it's value in lumber. Win-win for you both.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not from a picture, take in winter, at a distance. 

• fuzzy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

That is one big weed you have there, looks suspiciously like a damn Elm

• 2 months ago

Looks like the 1000s of junk trees we have in Salt Lake City, but ours are not OAK, I have no clue of the name, they just produce tons of broken limbs when the wind picks up.  And yes, they all need to come down.  What's your real question?  Either pay a ton of money, or rent a 60' BOOM LIFT, AND BUY a good chain saw.  Be careful, start at the top, cutting sections of limbs you can control.  DO NOT cut at the base and expect to bring it down in one cut---death will ensue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Oak tree.....................

• 2 months ago

Maple or oak. ..............

• 2 months ago

What difference does it make if its coming down anyway.

• 2 months ago

I am guessing a silver maple. With no leaves and the trunk being in bad lighting it’s anyone’s guess 

• Mercy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sorry, unless I can see a leaf I can't tell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.