Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would you appreciate a couple of surprise Hershey's Miniatures in your food delivery?

I do DoorDash and was wondering if it would be a good idea to drop off some chocolate as a little treat. I could do more or less depending on the size of the order in case a family is ordering.

Update:

Most people ask to leave the food on their doorstep. I would just drop some chocolate next to it.

Update 2:

The restaurant workers have already touched every food item in the bag, what's wrong with a wrapped piece of chocolate?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

When we order from Doordash we don't want any extras.

You may want to give that extra towards humanity, please don't, it will only come off as sketchy to most.

Sad that people would think it, but trust is a real deal and their Delivery Person is probably not who they wanna question.

You are doing a GREAT DEAL by delivering local food, leave it at that.

Without you/people like you, I wouldn't have not known of SO MANY local restaurants.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are being paid to deliver food from a particular restaurant, essentially you represent that restaurant. Unless the chocolate is from the restaurant, you have no right to add to the order regardless if you have a health certificate or not.

• 2 months ago

Yes, I would like that as long as they don't melt.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.                                                                  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I know you mean well, but please don't do it!  If a customer had any problem with the candy, such as an allergy, they could sue the company, or even you personally,  Also if the company discovered you added the candy to their order, you could lose your job.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That is such a nice idea. It's really kind. However, we're in a Pandemic, and you have to know how careful a lot of us have to be. 

So, just keep the food orders level and treat them gently. If you see your customers through a doorway or on the doorstep, just give a big wave and smile. I cannot tell you how much that makes my day. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Only time I want a few chocolates, is on my pillow in a good hotel or on a cruise ship.

• 2 months ago

Not in a pandemic, I want to touch as little as possible from the outside world.

• 2 months ago

The food is usually sealed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.