Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

So I noticed there is a holes in the floor panel of my car?

So I noticed the carpet in my car was a little moist well I looked underneath and there is a a couple of holes there. I put some gorilla tape to cover it will it hold for a few weeks?

I don't really want to add any money into the car.

If you want to do a halfassed job of it, you have wholeassed it with tape you should pull the carpet up clean the metal around the holes with a wire brush and underneath the car wipe up the mess and paint the area inside and out with a rust converter. then find a piece of sheet metal cut it to cover the holey area and rough up the bonding edges and either rivet in place using caulk to seal the area or use some JB Weld Metal Epoxy and epoxy the piece to the floor and weight it down until it dries  Rivets would be better though. 

• Jay P

Even though this has that distinct troll scent, I'll still answer it seriously.

Holes in the chassis can allow dangerous exhaust fumes to enter the cabin which may in turn lead to sickness, or possibly even death.  Fix it properly or scrap the car.

• arther

rust holes what do you expect the tape to do?

when coins are falling out the holes its time to worry.time for a new car