Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

Should I be worried about contaminating the groundwater?

I live in a house that is in bad shape. The siding is rotting, and the paint is peeling off. I have a well, and I think most of my neighbors have wells, could this be poisoning our water?

It depends if the surface water can get into the well.  There are certain regulations and requirements for a well, and all well drillers follow those requirements to prevent surface contamination of the aquifer.  Two such requirements are packers installed on the casing to seal off all of the aquifers and a concrete pad/seal at the surface.    What you should do is call a well driller and have him check your well.