Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Do you consider Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999) A CLASSIC MOVIE?

No, I think it's a terrible movie, as are all Star Wars movies.

No.  It's just another mediocre sci-fi movie with things that go pew pew, boom!

No, I don't think of that as a classic.

No lol. Wow kid.

Hahahaha.

Gone with the wind is a classic.

Spartacus is a classic.

• Adam D

"Classic" refers to a work that is an outstanding example, something of lasting worth.  There is a lot of room for subjective interpretation and opinion as to what is or is not a classic.

Episode 1 was not a classic.  It is objectively a bad film in many ways.

• ?

No it was barely average and disappointing, I think maybe there was too much anticipation riding on it for us die hard star wars fans who grew up with the original trilogy.It's still better than all of Disneys efforts though.

No I'm not a big fan. I tried watching it before I saw the original trilogy and didn't like it, then after I watched the originals which I loved I went and watched the prequels and honestly wasn't a big fan.