Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Are Spaniards and Saudis close racially?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. I suspect the other people who answered your questions are Americans who have never met a Spaniard in their life or done any research on this.

Most Spaniards are white and genetic testing confirms that they have more in common with other Europeans than anyone else. I.e. they have high percentages of the R1B Y-DNA haplogroup, like Brits, French, and Irish. The Moors left hardly any genetic footprint in Spain.

Anecdotally, as someone who has travelled to Spain lots of times and has worked with Spaniards in the UK, they tend to look darker on average compared to Northern Europeans, but you can still tell they're white. They don't have those insect like black-brown eyes that South Asians/Arabs do, their skin looks more sun-tanned than 'brown'. 

When they're in Northern Europe, they become a lot more pale looking. This never happens to Indians, Pakistanis or Arabs, even if they've lived in Northern Europe for decades.

There are also a surprising number of blond(e)s and gingers, blue eyes are not super common compared to Northern Europe, but hardly rare either. 

........... Mr Niteowl, that is NOT a Spaniard lmao. It might be an Arab or North African immigrant (or child of immigrants) living in Spain, there are many of those, but most of them do not look like that. They look more like French and Italian people.

..........Anon, most Mexicans are mixed-race people with around 40% - 60% Native American ancestry. Spaniards look nothing like your average Mexican. Jfc. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Well, both are Human. And all people in the world come from a small group of Homo Sapiens Sapiens from Africa.

Spaniards are the people with superior ways from the Iberian Peninsula. And Saudis are the parasites living off oil in the middle of the desert.

Source(s): @Bbagwinds: Obviously there are some connections but not that closed related. Don't exaggerate. Even if I do praise my possible Berber Power! @NiteOwl: Lol. Again the Arab looking Spaniard. Have an up vote for your collage.
  • 2 months ago

I believe so.  Spaniards are basically Christianized Mediterraneanoids (oliveskins) while Arabs are Islamic Mediterraneanoids (oliveskins).   No different from when comparing Indians to Pakis, same race/people just different culture/religion...

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

They're closely related to north Africans. Some of that stems from the Moorish (Muslim north Africans) occupation of much of Spain during the early middle ages, but it can also stem from Roman times (both Spain and north Africa were part of the Roman empire) and from the Carthaginian presence in Spain before Rome destroyed the Carthaginian empire.

You might want to read this article.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No Spaniard are related to brown Mexicans 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.