Printer Problem?

Hello,

Unable to connect to my HP Laserjet MFP281fdw wireless printer. 

I have my printer in the basement at home and connected to the wi-fi extender via a five-port switch through ethernet. This wi-fi extender is linked to my main router. The printer is provided with dynamic IP: 192.168.1.200.

I wanted to connect the printer to my desktop on the third floor. The desktop is connected wi-fi router via a Netgear wi-fi dongle. When I try to ping printer IP, I receive this response.

Reply from 192.168.1.120: Destination host unreachable.

If someone helps me with the issue.

• David

If the printer address is 192.168.1.200 then pinging 192.168.1.120 naturally will give host unreachable. Try pinging 192.168.1.200. If this is unreachable the first thing I would do is reset the wifi extender and connect the printer again.

My first guess would be that your router has VLAN / AP isolation enabled. This stops wireless clients from communicating from each other. Check your router settings and disable VLAN isolation.