Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Printer Problem?

Hello,

Unable to connect to my HP Laserjet MFP281fdw wireless printer. 

I have my printer in the basement at home and connected to the wi-fi extender via a five-port switch through ethernet. This wi-fi extender is linked to my main router. The printer is provided with dynamic IP: 192.168.1.200.

I wanted to connect the printer to my desktop on the third floor. The desktop is connected wi-fi router via a Netgear wi-fi dongle. When I try to ping printer IP, I receive this response.

Reply from 192.168.1.120: Destination host unreachable.

If someone helps me with the issue.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the printer address is 192.168.1.200 then pinging 192.168.1.120 naturally will give host unreachable. Try pinging 192.168.1.200. If this is unreachable the first thing I would do is reset the wifi extender and connect the printer again.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My first guess would be that your router has VLAN / AP isolation enabled. This stops wireless clients from communicating from each other. Check your router settings and disable VLAN isolation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.