Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 2 months ago

Where to donate items for people and pets?

Where are the best places to donate various items? I have several travel size hygiene products, some food items (non-perishable) and pet items mostly.

I'd definitely like to get rid of it without wasting it... so please don't suggest I toss it in the dumpster. I strongly prefer donating it. I am just not sure where to take everything to.

Thanks for any/all suggestions!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

ANY homeless shelter would be more than willing to take that off your hands. I worked in a homeless shelter or 5 years and the things they always seem to need are personal toiletries, diapers, and underwear. 

ANY food items as well. Some shelters do not take pet items-you need to ask. If not, donate them to a Bide a Wee home or even the local ASPCA. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

ASK SOME1 YOU SEETH IF THEY WANT IT:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.