Tom asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why does my cat purr even if he didn't like me hugging him?

Is he gay for me? 

They are stimulated by touch.They purr for happiness and when in pain too. 

It is also a sign that the cat is in pain, stop hugging it!

Purring isn't just a happy sound.  Injured cats purr, and the low frequency soundwaves are actually found to promote healing.  Domesticated cats learn to use purring as a social cue.  They don't typically do so in the wild.  You should interpret it more like "I'm glad you're here." than "I'm happy with exactly what you're doing."

Purring doesn't necessarily mean "I'm happy" it's more like "I'm not under threat." Cats in pain still purr.