Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how prove if someone is lying about being bisexual?

california is passing a law that requires at least one member on any board of directors (for companies of a certain size) must be from a minority group, gay, black, trans lgbtqf+ etc.

what is stopping the director that would be getting fired to make room, from simply saying they are bisexual?

what if they are married, how would you prove wether or not they are lying?

what if board directors all over the place who are married come out as bi as well?

Update:

the law says that any applicable company that doesnt have representation from a minority group in its management/board of directors will get a 100K fine, i think yearly

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

This has always been the problem with defining sexuality. 

I say:   Your sexuality is defined by what you are attracted to,  not what you do.

So yes your hypothetical manager could say he is bisexual but for what ever reason choose to not explore his same sex attractions.    Who then has a right to challenge this? 

• 1 month ago

I had a friend who claimed to be buy sexual - he said if he couldn't get sex, he would buy it. Is that what you're talking about?

• Liss
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You can’t really. But say someone had no record of being out as bi and no past history of participating in lgbt events or having interest in the same sex. But now they come out as bi but try and claim it’s not to save their company from a fine? Ya that seems pretty sus.  

But if multiple workers knew that was a lie bc the company refused to hire actual minorities on the board that could be the “proof”.  

• 1 month ago

It is hard to prove a negative.  If I say I am bisexual, but I practice celibacy, how can they disprove that?  Are practicing celibates a minority group?

I would assume that a pretty good percentage of bisexual people get married to the other sex and don't cheat.  Common sense, you know?  If you are married, you wouldn't want to cheat on your spouse, even if you were attracted to somebody else.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.