Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

why is gender studies so full of abusive men asking questions?

Favorite Answer

Those kinds of people tend to be attracted to media where they can be anonymous and as hateful as they want. The internet is full of all kinds of trolls. The anonymity affords them a platform to say things and do things they can't or won't do in real life. 

• Foofa

This "Studies" section is less scholar, more editorial of late. 

If you was doing what you are meant to do as in cook clean and bake cakes you wouldn’t have time to read them!

My helpful tips of the day 

Is asking why men are legally discriminated against 'abusive' to you?

Is asking why women get more rights and preferential treatment 'abusive' to you?

Is asking why you don't think men should have a voice, opinion or point of view using examples and case studies 'abusive' to you?

Your question actually answers itself - why would you post something sexist and derogatory and then wonder why men question it and many other examples of misandry. Are men not human beings to you, while you spout off about wanting equality and respect?

• Bill

I think it's cute that feminists think feminism can solve the problem of men hating women. Feminism has helped spawn the manosphere that feminists claim is misogynistic and yet feminists still think the answer is feminism. They remind me of a tyrannical government dealing with a people wanting to kill them that becomes more tyrannical on the realization that the people are pissed instead of just working to lower tensions by not being an a*sshole. 

Feminism has ignored the consent of men for a 100 years on all topics whatsoever and has abused its position of authority in society to advantage women that has in the process picked up the hatred of many men, but sure feminism will totally solve misogyny. lol

Oh, and Elana is still a feminist. Changing your title doesn't change your beliefs. Read her posts for a while and it becomes pretty clear that she still believes in feminism. 

I have spent much of my working life protecting children and vulnerable people through the courts in several countries. The truth is there are as many female self-obsessed, cruel violent vindictive women as there are men put there. However,  I have been motivated and carried by many lovely supportive genuine and objective people. It has kept me going all this time and gives me hope in society. But the men and women on this post I would dearly love to avoid. Unfortunately my work in the past has forced me to confront bigots like you. If you have such a closed mind on gender and id politics, why don't you go back to pulling wings off butterfly in the park. I am so disappointed by the bigotry in this post. I'll phone up a oood friend who is a balanced person. After a sane adult chat, that should pick me up again.

It isn't like that at all.  It's just a bunch of feminists that are too afraid to debate their misandry so they try to deflect that by calling it abuse.  But nobody's falling for that foolishness any more.  Feminism has long ago discredited itself due to overuse of these kinds of unethical slanders.  That and the laughable man shaming (can't get a date).

• Elana

It's a fair question.

Yeah, we have a number of radical "all men should die" feminists here too, but the trolling here does seem primarily on the neanderthal misogyny side.

I used to be a feminist.  I stopped calling myself that because of some of the very obviously misandric things the "big feminism" has done in the past - but every time I read through this group, I am reminded of why feminism continues to exist.

It's like the guy here who keeps saying "Make me a samwhich", thinking he is incredibly funny, a joke that wasn't funny 20 years ago.  He perpetuates that which he hates.  I wonder if he knows that.  Whatever special tint of irony or sarcasm he might be spinning in his own mind is lost in the coldness of the Internet.  It simply comes across as unthinking misogyny.

It's always been like this, it's a despairing place, I've been visiting YA since 2009, when I stumbled upon it when opening a Yahoo email account.  It was an eye opener that these sexist men, still existed in our society!

Those abusive men like to offend women.