Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 2 months ago

Why do people hate other people?

I have been overweight all of my adult life and have been brutally bullied for it. I also don't understand why some people hate others based on something as silly as the color of their skin or what they look like in general. What's in it for these people to bully others? I don't get it. 

• J H

To be honest, out of ALL the people you have known, how many, what % bullied you?  I want you to 'do the math'.

I'm NOT judging or attacking you.  We notice the mean, cruel, the bullies.  Aren't most ok? 

Yes, THEY sometimes smile because THEY don't want to get attacked.  In their eyes, better it's you.

Some like to hurt others.  Oh, and if they sense weakness?

Watch out!!

In ways, it's a jungle, and you gotta get tougher.

Take each insult, work on it until you could reply.

You gotta put them down.

'Hey fattie'?  They taunt.  You:  better than rotten etc, add some descriptors.  They got weaknesses too.

Then, ' You want nice?  You BE NICE'.

You've made an enemy, yes, but they won't try it again.

They GLARE at you?  You:  You mouth 'Be box's.

You'll get stronger, probably LOSE weight!!

• ?

Ignorance and fear.  

most of the time its because of their own insecurity, or something they dont have

for example:

Billy's mom is very wealthy, one of the top 50 richest people in america, but she doesnt send billy to a private school because she doesnt think he needs it so he sends him to a public school, the first person he meets says "what? you think you're better than us because you're richer?" the bully only says that because he isnt the same social status as billy

another example

veronica was bullied for being overweight, but she got skinny and started bullying jessica for being overweight because of her own insecurity and wanting to fit in