Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Before covid what did you do with your 4-8 weeks vacation every yr?

I used to go to 3-4 different countries for a couple weeks, take a week off to relax in my flat and another week to hike.

What about you? And how many weeks do you get? I'm in England so we get 6 weeks off by law every year. I only work retail though so I only get the 6 weeks. My sister works a professional job so she gets 8 weeks off per yr (jealous).

I know some countries only get 4 weeks. How do you live on 4 weeks vacation a year? That's not even a life 😂

2 Answers

Relevance
  • JJ
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I worked in the financial services industry in the United States.  After 15 years of continuous employment I earned four weeks of paid vacation time.  I would sometimes visit another country for two weeks and used the remaining two weeks at home.  

There is no law in the United States that require employers to offer paid vacations, though most private employers do offer paid vacation time to employees.  Employees generally earn paid vacation time that depends on their length of employment.  

For the first nine years of my employment in the financial services industry, I earned two weeks of paid vacation time.  Starting the tenth year of my employment in the financial services industry, I earned three weeks of paid vacation time.  After 15 years of employment I earned four weeks of paid vacation time.   

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I know some countries where workers are lucky if they get two weeks, and I live in one of them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.