Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is your opinion on the Rapper Kool Moe dee?

Favorite Answer

Accomplishment/contribution wise? Underrated. He is arguably a progenitor of the "New School" mid 80s reimagining of the MC as the star of the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wipb37LGe4U

I do think this event helped strong lyricists become more coveted. If lyrical MCs never became a thing I would have never become serious about loving Hip Hop. 

Skill-wise? Well unfortunately I do think some 90s/00s MCs eclipse him in lyrical content. He also did a lot of New Jack Swing tracks that could be perceived as Pop-ish. He still s**** all over the mainstream MCs of today. But he considers himself Top 3. That is definitely a huge stretch in my opinion. 

He doesn't get the credit he deserves. But also not in my top 20. Some of his tracks are still great though.