Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Who is a pseudo feminist?

Favorite Answer

No pseudo feminist would admit that they were one, and if they did say they were one, they'd be lying. So your question is utterly pointless.

• ?

"Who is a pseudo feminist?"

If feminism is defined as classic feminism, such that it is the advocacy for women to gain equal Rights to men, then pretty much any person who believes anything other than this is a pseudo feminist.  This means that all prominent feminists in the mainstream movement are pseudo feminists.  Those "feminists" all parrot radical concepts such as "patriarchy theory" and "toxic masculinity" and they believe that gender is socially constructed, and follow critical theory.  NONE of that is the simple advocacy of equal Rights for women.  That is what was originally called "radical feminism".  Radical feminism is pseudo feminism.

The problem is this.  Too many self identified feminists call themselves feminists under the idea that they are classic feminists by definition.  But they never police any other "feminist" out there, even those that push misandry in public as feminism, making a complete mockery of any idea of equality as feminism.  If feminists themselves are going to stand by while pseudo feminists push their feminism as feminism, then feminism will become what the majority of "feminists" with the loudest voices are telling us it is.  And that is pseudo feminism.

So we are either living in a time where the mainstream feminist movement and the majority of "feminists" are pseudo feminists, or the pseudo feminist majority are the voice of the movement and those feminist that are only pursuing equality are not "real feminists" any longer since they are not following the majority.

.

The phrase seems to be used mainly in societies which are particularly patriarchal, so I'm not sure it exists in that sense, i.e. the promotion of inequality by preferring women and trying to put them in a superior position with respect to men.  However, I would describe myself as pseudofeminist myself in the sense that I believe women and men should be treated equally but because I was assigned male at birth I can't actually be feminist myself.

Google online search on what a pseudo feminist is;  Feminism is that women deserve respect like any other human being. ... Pseudo-feminism is saying women deserve more respect, or that people of other genders deserve no respect. Living in a society where women face several problems everyday its worst that some people are actually damaging the word feminism.15 Aug 2018

Another word could be an anti male or man hater and there are a few in YA that seem to enjoy posting under the Blue face Anon, that enjoy posting aggressive anti male questions.  Thankfully they are in the minority, unlike the anti female posters that come here daily to grind their axes.

you have to be feminist to know this. it's half science, half gut-feeling.

pseudo feminists:

prolife

liberal (blm, equalists, all over the place 🤪)

god-warrior

pro-marriage

pro-military

"by-the-book"

...

The great Madalyn Murray O'hair never identified as feminist. But she is one in my book: 

About her atheist(?) to pastor son: 

"One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times ... he is beyond human forgiveness."

"I told my kids I just want three words on my tombstone, if I have one. I'll probably be cremated. One is "woman." I'm very comfortable in that role. I've loved being a woman, I've loved being a mother, I've loved being a grandmother. I want three words: Woman, Atheist, Anarchist. That's me."

LOVE THIS WOMAN. More than I do Germaine Greer. And eff Ayn Rand (some fraud keeps sticking her name when I say selfishness is a virtue).